ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Notes from Tim Tadlock’s Press Conference ahead of Gonzaga

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Me and @J. Ramirez were at Dan Law this afternoon…some notes

Tadlock on Starting Pitching this weekend:

“Yeah, so just talking about the pitching staff. We we pretty much looked at it. We had six guys we felt like could start this weekend. We're gonna start Kyle Robinson Friday, Mason Molina on Saturday, and Bo Blessie on Sunday.”

This dispels any injury concern on Blessie (Cc: @squirk)

On shortstop position:

“Burns just came at Christmas time, (Andy) LaRoche did the same thing in 2004. You know, the other guy (Tracer Lopez) is a baseball player. More than a few kids, especially over the pandemic. But know that there's going to be things that happen within a game that maybe it's a little faster than it used to be and that we're all going to have growing pains and like you again like I just wish like for some of these kids like Burns, and Lopez, Jeric Curtis, Gage Harrelson. We’d like to say ‘here’s 70 games’ but sometimes you can’t do that, but we may, who really knows.”

On NIL and recruiting:

“Probably in recruiting more dealing with when the phone line gets quiet. Or you're talking to a kid that gets quiet where usually you carry a conversation. Our guys are on partial scholarship for the most part, so anything that our guys get to help that they appreciate.”

On Drew Woodcox returning:

“I don't know specifically, but Drew and I had a really good visit on his way out. And we it was really hard competing against him last year. So when he called and said, Hey, I really messed this up want to come back it was pretty much Hey, can you get in school? Can you do that? Making sure a guy can transfer a couple of times.”

Bo Blessie got a ton of praise from Tadlock, Coleman, White, and Molina.

“It’s the nastiest pitch mix by the numbers I’ve ever seen,” Molina said.

Molina on Gardner and the pitching coaches:

“Yeah, those guys are unbelievable. Heyward’s, one of the best pitching minds that you can talk to, the best one I think I've ever talked to. And Matt's amazing with everything that he does with us. They always find a way to say the right thing. It always clicks in my head.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News