ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts

Wr3ck3m

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2011
There has been a lot of discussion the last few days after a couple of disappointing games to start this season. I don’t think anyone is happy. Fans, players, coaches, etc. So what are legitimately our biggest problems right now.

Behren’s shoulder is not ok. He should have had surgery to repair it right after last season. The decision was made not to have surgery and opt for rehab and I don’t think anyone will say now that it worked out how anyone wanted. 4 of 16 last week with 2 interceptions on passes over 10 yards tells the whole story imho. There was also interest from the transfer portal and the money to go get a 1 year QB…but that never came to fruition once the decision was made for Behren to come back and try to give it a go after rehab. No transfer wanted to take the chance to come in and still end up the backup.

Aside from the passing accuracy, Morton can’t be a threat running the ball. So the LBs clear out as soon as the back leaves. Also, if you watch him throw…right after he releases, he backs up a step or two most of the time - to avoid contact. He seldom steps up into the pocket or steps into throws. Really hard to put the ball where you want down field when a QB plays like that.

Kitley may be an issue. But I don’t believe it’s honestly fair to judge him just yet. He has never had a healthy QB for more than a couple games. And if you go back and watch the film, there are open receivers everywhere. Just no one getting the ball to them.

Hudson will play and I think all the worry about him is overblown. He was out for 6 months after knee surgery and is just getting back into the swing of it. He knows the deal and knows his time is coming soon.

I still firmly believe in Joey McGwire and the future of the program under his leadership. He’s still growing into this role as well. If anything, his biggest weakness is his loyalty. He’s a great man and a great coach and will get this figured out.

Being a Tech Football fan takes a lot of money, time and emotional investment. I’m not telling anyone how to be a fan or what you should do. I get it that people are frustrated and I don’t think they are wrong for feeling that way.

I’m going to choose to stick with this team and this staff. Hopefully they figure out what it takes to turn this thing around. If not, then I’m sure there will be some hard decisions for Joey to make. I hope we don’t get to that point.

Wreck’Em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.