ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts no one asked for (fairly brief)

remmizero

The 69 Club
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2009
I've been critical of the offensive play calling this season and the game management decisions. I was playing a round of gold and watching on an iPad so can't say I saw every decision. However, I see a lot of people moaning about Kittley and timeouts?

Not sure why, as this game is exactly what I wanted to see from them. I wanted to see commitment to winning outside of Kittley's comfort zone, doing what it took to move the chains, play field position when we stalled out. We kicked the ball when we should have kicked it. We called timeouts when we should have called them. It was exactly the type of game I wanted to see from them, how do you handle a game like this, how can you control a game. It wasn't always pretty. That's OK, Kansas is a good team.

I believe if we'd have made those critical decisions in games like Wyoming, Oregon, and WVU we'd have at least a couple extra wins under our belt. Glad to see them come home with a W today, not in spite of themselves, but because they played within the limits of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News