ADVERTISEMENT

Morning After Thoughts

whittb14

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2013
I’ll probably get skewered for a few thoughts but I’ll start with acknowledging the wheels officially fallen off.

Jake has arm talent but clearly still a HS caliber QB. Vision, decision making, staring down receivers etc, game is way way too fast for him right now.

I think we win that game relatively easily with Behren at QB.

Hopefully with a 1.5 weeks off we can get Behren back and get healthy in general. If we don’t have Behren back better start wrapping your mind around losing to TCU as well.

This defense is pretty incredible. The pts scored really don’t reflect the job our defense is doing each week.

I’ll be kind here. Kittley is completely inept. No gameplan, what little gameplan he had he announced multiple times through the week so nothing was a surprise. I really think he get tunnel visioned and panics being on the sideline, I think he really needs to be in the booth. Even when our offense moves it’s lethargic, non-explosive and predictable. And now at this point you have an inept OC with a completely overwhelmed true freshman QB and you get the complete disaster that last night was.

It’s time to see what Joey is made of. It’s easy to be a leader when times are good, but it takes a special guy to hold a program, class and fanbase together when basically eveything has gone wrong.

So far the team is not showing the effort and the coaching effort outside of DeRuyter isn’t there as promised. Gut check time to finish the season sticking to “The Brand” win or lose.

The energy is gone from the fanbase, sidelines and seemingly our coaching staff. This is a fulcrum moment for Joeys tenure to keep his culture without results.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News