ADVERTISEMENT

Missed Opportunities

ovasquez102

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2023
This entire season is defined by missed opportunities. Yes, the losses themselves are kicks to the stomach but what dissapoints me the most is this program's inability to capture momentum and building off it.

Coming off Arizona, this season had a chance to be something special. With BU and TCU on the plate, you really had a dynamite chance to separate yourself into the upper echelon of the league this year. Think about it. If you handle these two in-state rivals, you would be 7-1 headed into a top 25 matchup with ISU. Even if you go play .500 at that point you're looking at a 9 win season. On top of that, you would have beaten these two schools in back to back years for the first time under this regime.

The good that would come from that would catapult every aspect of the program into levels not seen in almost two decades. I cannot stop thinking about the what was left on the table this season. Who knows how long it will be before we get another opportunity to really distance ourselves from BU and TCU. I hate the fact that this football program just keeps shooting themselves in the dick year after year.

Facilities ✔
NIL ✔
Fanbase ✔

Still lying in the muck of the new Big12 and can't bury BU and TCU beneath us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.