ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Leach's last Top 25 Road Win was 31-10 at #15 Nebraska. How many have we had since?

Brandon Bohannon

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Fort Worth
11/11/2023 Joey McGuire 16-13 at #16 Kansas
9/22/2018 Kliff Kingsbury 41-17 at #15 Oklahoma State
10/22/2011 Tommy Tuberville 41-38 at #3 Oklahoma

That's it, family. Saturday was our 3rd ranked Road Win in 14 seasons. We should probably be happy regardless of the score.

Thank you, Coach McGuire for a bunch of much needed changes and firsts in a long time around here.

@06 Tech Grad was here. He found a mistake in my original post, guys. I am acknowledging him. He's a good dude and I hope that he sees this. There could be other mistakes, I acknowledge that too. The point is, ranked Road Wins are rare these days.

2nd Edit - @Raider806 in 2012, we won a game at TCU 56-53. ESPN (according to @06 Tech Grad ) says that TCU was ranked. The article doesn't agree on what they were actually ranked and wikipedia doesn't show them as a ranked team that night. This edit is to satisfy anyone who is worried about it. If you guys find any other misses in the last 14 years, please let us know. Our record against ranked teams on the road is abysmal. Thankfully, we won for the 4th time in the last 14 years on the road. Since they are rare, we should probably be glad about it.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News