ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Micah Hudson talks recruiting, answers questions from RRS subscribers

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
eZy Watermark_11-11-2023_03-25-52-0180PM.jpeg

Was at Lake Belton's game vs Denton Ryan last night. Lake Belton lost 38-13, but it was not Micah's fault. They were just overwhelmed in the trenches on both sides of the ball which made it impossible to win.

I don't have his exact stats but Micah scored both Lake Belton touchdowns, and was probably close to 100 yards in the game.

Was able to catch up with the Tech commit for a quick Q&A. I also asked some fan submitted questions which he was able to answer (sorry @DWDJR, I did not ask him who the bigger baby you-know-what between Sark and Jimbo is)

On how he/his team performed in their final game
"My team did great. Just trusting my quarterback you know, trusting him to put the ball where it needs to be. Trusting these coaches, trusting the play calls that they're making and also trusting God and trusting myself. Really just trying to go out there and make every play I can. Full effort, every single play and just trusting my ability."

On what Joey McGuire and Juice Johnson mean to him and his relationship with both of them
"It's more than a name. Just being around those guys that care about us kids and other coaches and things like that. Just having that passionate relationship and just the way that they care for each other and the way it is in that building. It's always good love. Just them sending me like Bible verses and things like that, just checking on me as a person. I feel like that's something that's really been solid is that relationship. It's more than just sending me some film. Trying to teach me on football, trying to make me a better young man."

Plans to visit for Tech's final home game vs UCF?
"Yes sir, I'm gonna try to go."

Any other visit plans to any other schools? You were at A&M a few weeks ago...
"No sir, probably not."

So you're shutting it down?
"Yes sir, I'm a Red Raider. Yes sir."

On his goals when he gets to Lubbock in December
"Really just take everything in. All this stuff doesn't matter once I get there so just trust in the coaches, trust in God, trust in myself as I said already. Really just looking to be able to handle my business. Get my schoolwork done and football is gonna come. I just gonna make plays and do what I can."

And now for the fan submitted questions...

Aside from football, what’s he most looking forward to about coming to Lubbock?
"Really the people. Just being around the people and new beginnings and things like that. You know God put me in a great situation and it's no surprise why I'm there. It didn't happen for no reason. Just gonna go up there, have fun, and keep trusting God and everything, really."
Are you excited about Adidas ?
"Yes sir, that'll be exciting. I think they're the only school that's had Nike, Adidas and Under Armour so that'll be pretty cool being around that. Repping the Brand and stuff like that, so it'll be nice."
I want to know about his troll game and how much he enjoys getting the different fanbases riled-up.
"I'm just a kid, you know? I'm 17 years old, so I'm gonna fun. I'm not gonna let anything get to me because I mean it's social media. You know what I mean? There's gonna be negativity, there's gonna be things like that so you just gotta be able to handle it the right way."
Which one of the class of 2024 dbs are you looking most forward to burn in practice during spring ball?
"Ummm..."

Ben: Peyton Morgan?

Micah: "Yeah. (laughing) That'll be fun."
What’s his favorite route to run?
"Honestly I like running all the routes. You just call a route and I'll run it so I got you."
Who’s the best CB he’s faced?
"Shoot...I don't even know. Not gonna lie, I don't know."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News