ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Hudson Recruitment | September 11th 2023, A Day in Texas Tech History | 10:06 PM Central Update

I like you Ben, but you absolutely cannot say that. Especially the way Hudson has been acting on the line. He’s showing very little to no interest in Tech and seemingly putting time or effort into either trolling UT and A&M fans or is hyping his recruitment up.

Tech has never signed a guy like Hudson and TYPICALLY when we do score a commitment from a very highly ranked guy it’s verbal only and he never puts his name on paper.

So we are going to be skeptical until signing day no matter if Hudson committed and was uber Tech on all social media. Considering he hasn’t committed (at least publicly) and is seemingly content on drumming up interest in UT and A&M fans im not sure how you can tell me this situation isn’t going to play out like Stidham, Johnson, the CB who ended up at UF even though we hired his fvcking uncle, Julio Jones, etc.
I’m not sure why guys like you pay for this website? You complain about Ben reporting Tech is in the Lead strictly because it hasn’t become official but at the same time if Ben or Level or AD or anyone says nothing then people get pissed and say they should just get their info from twitter.
This site and the people who run it I feel like do a good job of managing expectations. That being said Ben is trying to report what he and everyone else in the nation is hearing and you’re upset with him about that? Why not just save $100 a year and wait until signing day to see who we get?

Bunch of grown ass men getting their panties in a wad over a 17yr old.

You do realize if he were to commit today, all of you would also spend the next months till he signs worrying about him flipping.

ALSO, why hasn't Zocantu been perma banned?

The longer this goes on the worst it is for tech we all know this.
Bbc Iplayer You Know Nothing GIF by BBC

I’m not sure why guys like you pay for this website? You complain about Ben reporting Tech is in the Lead strictly because it hasn’t become official but at the same time if Ben or Level or AD or anyone says nothing then people get pissed and say they should just get their info from twitter.
This site and the people who run it I feel like do a good job of managing expectations. That being said Ben is trying to report what he and everyone else in the nation is hearing and you’re upset with him about that? Why not just save $100 a year and wait until signing day to see who we get?

You probably should learn how to read before commenting on a post.

Ben is indispensable. The straw that stirs the drink, regardless of the fact Level didn't, until recently, know how to properly pronounce his name.

This all reminds me of last year during the Manning recruitment at UT. My dad (UT alum) was so frustrated that he was playing out the process and just wouldn't make a decision. Calling him a prima donna, etc.

Then he decided to commit to UT eventually and I never heard a single thing about it again. All was well in his world. lol
I guess you could say.. Hudson is the new Manning

Reactions: ChicagoTTURR
This is why old people should stick to FB and leave twitter to the 30 and under crowd (I’m out too).

Is it reasonable to be skeptical? Hell yes, we’re Tech fans

Is there reason to trust the staff and our coaches who know WAY more than us? Yep.

This kid doesn’t owe you a damn thing, he’s 17 and is essentially making fun of all you old farts who are obsessed with his social media. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Immature? He’s 17.

I promise you that Joey McGuire knows where things stand, that’s all that matters.

This is why old people should stick to FB and leave twitter to the 30 and under crowd (I’m out too).

Is it reasonable to be skeptical? Hell yes, we’re Tech fans

Is there reason to trust the staff and our coaches who know WAY more than us? Yep.

This kid doesn’t owe you a damn thing, he’s 17 and is essentially making fun of all you old farts who are obsessed with his social media. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Immature? He’s 17.

I promise you that Joey McGuire knows where things stand, that’s all that matters.

The zoomers use threads now! Twitter is for the olds!

• Haha
Reactions: ChicagoTTURR
Yup. I was 99% out on recruiting after the Stidham debacle. Joey started pulling me back in but this Hudson garbage makes me feel like it’s all just a huge waste of time to get invested in any way. I have faith in these coaches to build a top tier roster, but I can’t make myself care very much about any individual recruit because of all the nonsense 18 year olds provide. I hope we land him but I won’t be upset if we don’t. I’m far more interested in how the team performs on the field over the course of the season than I am about any particular recruit.
Kk was definitely out after he got stidham’d. Seems like that broke him.

Hudson is really having fun trolling - whatever I’ll just wait until the end. If we lose both him and Carreon that is an epic fail. Just get Hudson- don’t even care what games he is playing on Twitter at this point I don’t pay attention.

I feel like this is the way it goes with a number of high profile recruits. If you want to target and land them, you just have to put up with the drawn out process and then just wait for NSD to feel super confident about said recruit.
Yeah, I don’t have the energy for that and I’m fine with it. Whatever will be will be and tech football will be no better or worse for me not paying much attention to our recruiting.

Which is why the only reasonable expectation of Hudson being a Red Raider and actually seeing the field is when he shows up to the first practice.
I'm still not really worried. If we get into the season without a commitment, I'll be officially nervous.

But I also won't post about it constantly or call him immature. Because I don't have a teeny, tiny penis (not directing this at you).

Reactions: Baby D Double T
You know how I know you weren’t around for Stidham or Tyrone Johnson?

I’m saying that in jest but you do good work and please keep it up. Just know some of us have bought in to high profile recruits just to have our hearts broken.
“Better to have loved and lost than never to have love at all.” Amirite?

You know how I know you weren’t around for Stidham or Tyrone Johnson?

I’m saying that in jest but you do good work and please keep it up. Just know some of us have bought in to high profile recruits just to have our hearts broken.
Greg McElroy

Bunch of grown ass men getting their panties in a wad over a 17yr old.

You do realize if he were to commit today, all of you would also spend the next months till he signs worrying about him flipping.

ALSO, why hasn't Zocantu been perma banned?
It's a college sports message board that covers recruiting. What else did you expect?

Unfortunately we gotta deal with them. LOL

Micah just went live on insta. Flashed a Horns up and ended the live. More trolling I’m assuming 🤞

I will be trying to keep up with this the best I can since I am active on Twitter and Social Media, I will hopefully have updates at around 12 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM if there is movement or something significant, until his commitment to a school. -- July OP Update- I will no longer be following this day by day anymore, only when something new/interesting pops up.

June 19th: https://texastech.forums.rivals.com...ruitment-day-3-7-30-pm-central-update.180930/

UPDATES AT 11 AM Central
UPDATES AT 4 PM Central-
  • Joey McGuire Let’s goooo post
  • Liked Ms Shelton with Coach McGuire
UPDATES AT 4:36 Central-
  • Micah instagram Story:

UPDATES AT 4:48 Central-
  • Micah has deleted his Twitter account:

UPDATES AT 11 AM Central June 21st-
  • Not much, don't expect much of anything from this thread today.
UPDATES AT 10 PM Central June 21st-
  • As expected, not much of anything, we just gotta wish him luck in his 7 on 7 Tournament.
UPDATES AT 12 PM Central June 22nd-
  • Not much of anything, makes sure to wish him luck in his 7 on 7 tournament, I'd expect some sort of commitment announcement soon.
UPDATES AT 1:07 Central June 22nd-
  • Micah Hudson rocking the Texas Tech backpack per @B. Golan

UPDATES AT 2:46 Central June 22nd-
  • Looking good for us Red Raiders.
  • Per @B. Golan -

June 23rd 11 AM Central Update-
  • Nothing much, Micah 7 on 7 so we could hear some stuff.
Sorry all, was busy yesterday but you can find Micah highlights all over Twitter for June 24th.

June 25th 1:30 PM Central Update-

• Expect a announcement soonish from Micah, other than that not much news
June 25th 3:25 PM Central Update-
  • His Instagram PFP is now him in Texas A&M gear.
June 25th 7:35 PM Central Update-
  • I'd say expect something big tomorrow.

June 25th 9:06 PM Central Update-
  • He a humble man.

June 26th 10:45 AM Central Update-
June 26th 12:42 PM Central Update-
  • Texas A&M Post-

June 26th 3:06 PM Central Update-
  • Twitter bio now changed to "how you wanna play it ?"

June 27th 11:03 AM Central Update-
  • No commitment yesterday, today is a new day, I'd expect him to change his Instagram today and maybe change his twitter.
June 27th 3:54 PM Central Update-
  • Liking Texas Tech content on twitter
  • Instagram is a black PFP now with no posts.
June 27th 7:31 PM Central Update-
  • Micah is the goat

June 28th 11:34 AM Central Update-
  • Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley
June 28th 1:26 PM Central Update-
  • Micah Hudson replies with a pic of him and sark.

June 28th 3:44 PM Central Update-
  • According to my studies, Texas Tech should be on his account tomorrow.

June 29th 12:24 PM Central Update-
  • Instagram is now a black PFP, nothing much new on twitter and other subjects.
June 29th 1:43 PM Central Update-
  • Tech Pom Squad member Brenley Herrera on Micah Hudson-

June 29th 4:17 PM Central Update-

June 29th 8:23 PM Central Update-
  • It appears a Texas fan was insulting Micah and Micah is trolling and giving false crystal balls but liked some other posts.

June 30th 10:41 AM Central Update-
  • Nothing new, tomorrow is the start of July so we could see some news there
July 1st, OP Update-
I will no longer be following this day by day anymore, only when something new/interesting pops up.

Thanks- D3vJaVu

July 1st 3:10 PM Central Update-

• It tis July and we shall wait.
July 1st 4:40 PM Central Update-
  • His instagram is back to only having a UT post.
July 6th removed.

July 8th 9:39 AM Central Update-

• Not much to really update on, On his twitter PFP its just him on his HS team, still only has the A&M post there, Instagram is Black PFP with the Texas post as his only post and on Threads its him at a Tech party it looks like but his profile is private.

July 9th 11:50 AM Central Update-
July 12th 12:55 AM Central Update-
July 14th 8:17 PM Central Update-

not looking great fellas

• Haha
Reactions: remmizero
Still think he chooses us. Just like trolling and knows both fan bases will engage with it. It's similar to realignment, I really want it to happen but I'm not holding my breath, Il be ecstatic if he chooses us. Just shrug and feel a little sad if he doesnt. Cant put too much emotional investment in a 17 year old kid.

Reactions: Thuffman2001
His teammate Selman Bridges commits to Arky. Some thought he may go to UT at the beginning of 2023 and that might entice Micah so that has to help our odds

Reactions: Thuffman2001
His teammate Selman Bridges commits to Arky. Some thought he may go to UT at the beginning of 2023 and that might entice Micah so that has to help our odds
Dang, I was hoping for the other way around - Hudson commits to Tech and Selman follows Hudson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT