ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: McGuire proud after 35-28 win over TCU pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Fun night, highlights from the head coach...

McGuire opening statement:

"It was good to have a healthy Behren, we saw some balls that we've attempted but we haven't seen actually thrown. Rabbit played incredibly. Told him, 'that's why you play defense,' because he dropped a couple. And what can't you say about the offensive line and Tahj Brooks. I was really, really proud of the way they played."

McGuire on Tyler Owens/CJ Baskerville swap:

"We split some BJ and Tyler at STAR. I thought they both played really well. The one thing TO did really well was pressuring the quarterback, even though we didn't get home. I thought CJ tackled really well, had some big tackles. Even if we're giving up yards, you want a sure handed tackler back there. I hope both of them continue to grow being at new positions. It says a lot about the type of player CJ Baskerville is."

McGuire on o-line, Dennis Wilburn:

"It's funny. I don't know if you luck into this or what. We didn't have any bad snaps and it really helped the quarterback to allow him to operate back there. I thought Dennis did a great job. For Rusty, it's been a really long time since he's played guard and I thought he did a good job. I think it is going to make us a better offensive line down the stretch. Had a couple of false starts there but overall, we only gave up one sack and we rush for over 150 yards again."

McGuire on WRs:

"Coy, he's been trending in a great direction. He never surprises me, he's one of our hardest practicing guys. We had some big blocks on the perimeter. Xavier White, had 60 yards after catch, and that's something we've got to continue to do. I thought the receivers played well, just got to keep at it. We've got a bunch of really good ones and I think those guys are going to really take off with a healthy Behren."

McGuire on fourth down decisions:

"We want to grow as a staff, we're constantly trying to do that. We were at the number to go (on the final drive before the punt with 2 mins to go in the 4th). We were playing good defense and Kenny Perry and Tim DeRuyter felt that we should let McNamara pin them deep and make them drive the field against our coverage."

McGuire on getting turnovers:

"It's huge, I was talking to Level, tonight we didn't turn the ball over and we created turnovers. If you do those two things, you've got a great opportunity to win, it puts us in great situations. When you can create turnovers, it changes the whole sideline's demeaner. The first one gave us a short field, so we were able to capitalize on that."

McGuire on Linton:

“I hope to god he’s back next week. I think he will. His back locked up late in the week, and we couldn’t get him loose even to just play on third down.”

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News