ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: McCasland, Tech heads to Austin ahead of Big 12 opener with Texas pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Here's what coach McCasland said ahead of the team's flight to Austin this afternoon...

On Steffe, which was also in the other thread:

“What I'm just really thankful for Drew's contributions every day. I mean, he was a fantastic teammate and did everything we asked. And we just wish him nothing but the best.”

Opening statement:

"Big 12 play that's what we came for. Obviously starting on the road, at Texas, tough environment. Haven't been there before but have a ton of respect for their program. Coach Terry, what they built. They got a great team. I mean, they their physical defensively great at protecting the rim. Good guards, good forwards. I mean, really just an all around great team that causes problems and can put pressure on you at the rim defensively and offensively."

On keys against Texas:

"Spacing is going to be a big deal against them like making sure that you know where you know where they're rotating from, can't get bunched up you can't crowd the ball. And then ultimately, how do you attack them but don't panic, I mean, get the angle but don't put yourself in a bad spot which puts your defense in a bad spot. So really share the ball early. Put pressure on the defense but don't panic."

"Winning the game in the paint and getting to the free throw line is always the formula for winning on the road. So you have to attack the basket just can't get careless and take terrible twos."

On Texas' guards:

"I mean, you're not gonna find, you know, a better guard tandem than those guys across the country. When they can score they can put pressure on the rim. They have great experience at this level. I mean, they've seen just about everything there is to see. So doing a great job of making it as difficult as possible on them gives you the best chance to win."

What can you carry from Butler to this game:

"I thought at Butler, our composure even though we got down showed a lot about this team. I think the way you went on the road is you've got to find a way to handle the big run and don't let it put you on your heels and have composure but then ultimately, in order to win on the road, you have to be great defensively down the stretch and we weren't in that game to give up a lot of open uncontested shots and some of them were contested and then you can't give them second attempt. So how do we anchor ourselves defensively over the course of the game and make sure we finish it well."

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News