ADVERTISEMENT

May Basketball Rotation Thoughts

RyanMainville

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2021
Plano, TX
Twitter hasn’t done anything to help me get my account back and I miss DM’ing random basketball thoughts to @4O9to8O6Nback. Here’s what I think the rotation is looking like right now, along with some extra thoughts:

De’Vion Harmon 31
Kevin Obanor 29
Jaylon Tyson 27
Fardaws Aimaq 25
D’Maurian Williams 23
——————

Clarence Nadolny 14
Daniel Batcho 12
Lamar Washington 11
Elijah Fisher 9
Pop Isaacs 6

First Two Out:

Robert Jennings
KJ Allen

——————

De’Vion Harmon may be the single biggest swing factor on the roster next season. Tech needs him to blend his last two seasons into one next year. Sub 20 USG%, 35%+ 3P%, 2+ APG will make him one of the most efficient and moldable Tech guards in history. I don’t think he’s the best player on the team, but he’s the most important.
Speaking of swing factors, Obanor playing and simple needs to have a better season behind the arc. He’s an all-conference caliber player if he shoots well; he’s a liability if he doesn’t.

Jaylon Tyson is the man of the hour. Sounds like the staff really likes what they see. He has an offensive game that Tech hasn’t seen in a long time. He’s young and there will be some rough 0-for-8 and 1-for-10 games throughout the season, but I’d put some good money on a prop that he’s Tech’s leading scorer next season. Call me crazy.
I like Aimaq. Playing 25+ minutes will be pretty impressive for a “five” that won’t be the team’s leading scorer. I think his defense will be better than expected as well. He could play even more.
I’m probably being conservative with Nadolny’s minutes. The flashes he showed getting to the basket last season is reason for optimism. Some more if that will be needed.

Washington-Fisher-Isaacs are gonna fight like hell for minutes. It’ll be fun to watch. I’ve fallen in love with Washington’s game this offseason. He could pan out to be something really special. My Fisher take is probably unpopular. I think there’ll be a steep learning curve at the front end of Big 12 play. He has NBA level athleticism, but he’ll need to learn to use that over his strength. Might take a minute. Adams and Isaacs are gonna need to be patient with each other. Freshmen PGs get better by playing through their mistakes. Isaacs will make a lot of them, but he has playmaking stuff that no one else on the roster does. I’m curious to see how it plays out between these two. I truly feel like he’ll either be Tech’s starting PG or playing somewhere else next season.
What’s Mylik Wilson up to these days? Any chance he takes that last roster spot? I think it’s insane and probably not an accident that he hasn’t found a landing spot yet. I hope he’s back. There’s minutes for him, probably behind Clarence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News