ADVERTISEMENT

Life is such a crap shoot.

Mika28

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Kyle, Texas
So much random tragedy. I, one person, have several friends who have lost children.

1. Ford Bronco rollover - one of the last Firestone settlements before the company was finally motivated to change things.
2. Bilingual teacher's son - car crash.
3. There's another i'm forgetting from back in Austin.
4. Zumba friend's son who killed himself as a junior at Tech.
5. Friend who lost her daughter last year, before I knew her. The fragility just oozes from her skin.
6. Last Tuesday, another sweet friend lost her 21 year old in a car crash.

I feel as if there were four from my Menchaca years. I am just not recalling them all right now.

Is that normal? To be a relatively private person, yet know 7 or 8 people who have lost children?

It must feel like an amputation.

The one whose beautiful 12 year old died in the Bronco rollover talked about seeing and feeling her daughter's presence all the time. I just listened. A "Christian" (CHINO) lambasted her for it. Told her she was going to hell.

I don't see how anyone makes it through this life without believing in a higher power. Not just cultural Christians. But real belief. Without belief, how empty is that life? Talk about amputations.

I understand why the bible says that it's so hard for a rich man to get into heaven. Because when things are going well, you don't remember to pray. You don't remember to be thankful. It's the tough times that remind you. Rich people have so much in their own control; a poor person often can only depend on prayer, because they have no other resources.

But the death of a child. That's something no one can control or predict and it's the most horrific thing ever.

The obituary of the of the little girl who died this week said that she is survived by her "maternal and paternal GREAT grandparents." How awful is that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News