Level 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverymanRaider

Rookie Red Raider
Sep 3, 2017
Lubbock
emw.digital
I’ll start off by saying my family has been at TTU since my great grandmother received a scholarship to Texas Technical College in 1926. Someone in my fam has been at tech every generation since it’s inception. I started going to my first football games before I was 1. My kids have done the same - (Thanks uncle Terry!) I’ve donated to everything that has ever been asked, including to the womble. We have set up numerous events, tailgates, and much much more. Through donations, season tickets, suites, travel, and NIL - I have given an insane amount of money to this school.

Last year alone, when asked to step up… me and a handful of red raiders acted as a multi million dollar collective for basketball… and LOST HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS personally to make it happen.

Business and being a fan are not mutually exclusive. The transition of how NIL is handled at Texas tech is best for everyone - and it’s taken a burden off of a select few for basketball and rolled it into the collective. It has also freed up an agency I started, again because I was asked to, to do what I’ve always wanted and work with kids across the country. That doesn’t in any way change where my fandom lies.

You can ask anyone with any kind of juice at tech where my heart is…. Ask about the convos THIS WEEK with Krista, Joey, fuller, McDougal, shag… about everything that I’m currently working on for the benefit of this school.

To blanket an entire company, and me personally off of one tweet by one person (who wasn’t me) is a little bit of an overreaction. Someone posted my address on Twitter… WTF.

I never get on here, but when I get the messages from people I look up to and respect, I feel like this was necessary.

No matter what the current narrative is… you’re gonna see in the upcoming weeks how involved and how much support I (L13) has for our boys at Tech.

I know I’ve got a responsibility with the position I have, and that I’ve got to keep my house in order. But I also ask for a little grace from my own… from a community that I’ve given so much to.

WreckEm and #LΞVΞLUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News