ADVERTISEMENT

Level 1 - Everyone, EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaskeddude85

Red Raider
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cedar Park
Here's the deal. I don't post a lot, and most of the time I don't have a whole lot to offer other than my passion for our football program. I'm always a supporter of trusting the staff over anything else, and allowing them to build what they believe is best, because ultimately, my opinion doesn't get players to do things on the field. BUT, I feel like my opinion can get players TO the field for Texas Tech, so I choose to trust the coaches and support the players 24/7. I even fought for Tuberville's support with my friends. And guess what, he left because our fan base wasn't behind him. Think about it, if we want elite athletes to come to our school, we need to stand behind and support the team through thick and thin.

Anyway, enough of me talking, just take it from my friend first hand. Our fan base needs to get smarter, and get behind this team. Kliff is building something. TRUST IN HIM AND THIS STAFF AND OUR TEAM WILL WIN!

My friend needed some help to get the word out, so here it goes.

My level 1:

Dearest Fans of Texas Tech:

I am writing you as a Red Raider, although my allegiance also belongs to the Knights of Cibolo Steele. As a Red Raider, I was a little distraught over some of the comments made replying to the recent commitment by 2017 QB, Xavier Martin (Cibolo Steele HS). Hunter Cooke, blogger from Viva The Matadors, posted the article with Xavier's highlights from his Freshman year. I'm sure that is all Hunter was able to find. While the highlights displayed a small portion of Martin's ability, it still does no justice to the kid's full potential. Few responses were positive. The replies saying, "We already have a QB" or "Hopefully this one stays true to his word" is for lack of better phrases disrespectful and distasteful. It is tough enough to recruit kids to the Hub City. We don't need you guys aiding in these kids' decisions and putting doubt in their minds. Instead, maybe a response of gratitude and respect to the kid might actually encourage him all the more. Growing up in West Texas was a great thing for me. I have been away from the South Plains for 12 years. When I talk to people about the great things West Texas has to offer, I talk about the good people that reside in the area. When are we "Techsans" going to realize that maybe (especially with the tool of social media) we can help recruit kids to Texas Tech? Obviously Coach Jinks has started a pipeline from Cibolo and I'm here to tell you there are program changers going through Steele High School. TRUST ME! Let's rally behind the coaches and more importantly the kids and welcome them with the loving arms of West Texans, instead of doubting their commitment and doubting the coaches decisions to offer the kids in the first place. I'll tell you this...Baylor and TCU are being extremely hospitable.

Sincerely Wreckin' Em,

Anonymous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News