ADVERTISEMENT

Left Tackle Battle

Harpdaddy_TTU

Rookie Red Raider
Silver Member
Sep 4, 2023
So, Clay Mcguire and Cochran had that video interview during the spring. I thought Clays interview was the more telling part. He talks highly of Caleb Rogers versatility and i think he feels good with Buchanan at RT. Can't remember if He mentions Scurry, but he seems to be a lock at LG. But then he mentions Sheridan Wilson, i love the fact that we have a home-grown guy that's going to likely start. Not sure where D carter will end up. Thats the big elephant in the room, I think.

But then there's Left tackle.

Lots of people were after Mo. Rodrigues, and Sterlen Porcher has a lot of experience. but i pulled the PFF grades game by game for Porcher and his efficiencies were high, but he wasn't even the highest graded blocker on Middle Tenn. State last year... not sure if i can share those or not...

Back to Mcguire's interview. another guy he mentioned was Dalton Merriman, 6'9" dude back form injury. The other guy Clay mentioned in a sort of pleasantly surprised manner and is projected to start is Sherry, food for thought.

Lastly, South Carolina transfer Jaxon Hughes brought in late spring... The coaching staff is serious about having no holes on the line, and i think your starting two deep should be Hughes and Merriman.. can you shed any light or say anything on this subject @B. Golan ?

Sorry for the Novel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News