ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby Hocutt

ReasonableRaider

Techsan
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
He is easily the most overrated athletic director in Tech history. Not the worst, just the most overrated. I know he's looked upon as a God here because Tadlock and Beard fell into his lap, he's the mouthpiece of the CFP, and we finally got some facilities going, (and he probably calls media members by their first name and pats them on the shoulder) but with regard to the most important sports program on campus, he has buried it. BURIED IT.

If Ehlinger doesn't make a freshman mistake and throw late over the middle, Texas wins the game and we're 5-7 and 1-6 the last seven games. But because he did, we win this game despite an offense that's Kliff's baby and we're supposed to believe we're on our way?

Hocutt had now gone for the trifecta with the football program: (1) he and Hance hired Kingsbury; (2) he extended him, and (3) and tonight, he basically said I don't have any idea how to get out of this mess so I'll just play the emotion card and maybe fans (read: sheep) will get caught up in that for a while.

In effect, Hocutt is peeing on our leg and telling us it's raining. He has no idea how to get out of the mess he created. Big 12 coaches are probably breathing a sigh of relief that once again Tech avoids hiring a head coach -- an attainable head coach -- that could make them a player in this conference.

So we're just going to keep going with a coach who's lead us to 9th place and 8th place in the Big 12 the last two seasons. One win aside, this football program is still broke, and the AD who created it doesn't have any idea how to fix it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News