ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard a great Christmas message

fivedaughters

Matador
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
San Antonio
At our 2:30 communion service. Seems there is a Christ-centered reason for Christmas lights. And one thought the minister mentioned was powerful. Not only Christ is the light of the world, but all Christians are.
An awesome thought and awesome responsibility. And my thoughts eventually turned to this message board. Obviously not everyone one RRS is a Christian, but most, I would assume, have a moral/ethical code by which they live.
I reflected on some of the discord I read on here. And I can share in the blame. For some unintended reason I seem to annoy people and come across distrustful.
But my wish is that we learn to disagree without being disagreeable. If someone else reads my message, or yours, would they know I am a Christian or even a person with a moral code to treat others as I want to be treated? Maybe not. I believe we all need to reflect on the light that shines from us, whether you are Christian or Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, agnostic, atheist or anything else (or nothing else).
we can be pretty mean on this board. Hateful in fact. Why do we feel the need to attack someone who shares a different POV? As long as he/she isnt espousing child molestation, murder, rape, incest or any number of socially construed vile acts, why cant we simply say something to the effect of, “that’s your opinion; here’s mine. Name calling (Which Ive done in the past), insulting, assaulting one’s character etc arent fitting for a group of fans, all of whom support the same team. Fact is, it’s not really fitting in any forum. It reflects poorly and distorts the light we are intended to shine.
Flame away. I wrote a similar piece years ago on here (Ive been a member since ‘04), and got scorched by several. In any event, Merry Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News