ADVERTISEMENT

JSX Airlines - Same Day, Round Trip Flights for TTU Home Game

mhunter12

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Heath, Texas
For those unfamiliar with JSX Airlines, it is a smaller "commercial" airline that flies exclusively out of FBOs/private terminals on small 30-passenger Jets. It is essentially a happy medium between private and commercial flying - the added cost is typically $75-$100 per ticket, more than the equivalent SW Flight, ... The most significant advantage is that you only have to show up to the FBO 20 mins before departure - the check-in process takes a couple of mins, and you are ready to board your flight. Also worth mentioning is that pricing includes your bags and alcoholic beverages.

With that being said, when I was on my return flight with them on Sunday from FL, I overheard about their "Game Day Flights" they are doing for UT and Aggie. They are flying all home and away games out of DAL as same-day flights, round trip.

I have a call into JSX for a couple of things
1. Getting my pregnant wife on a same-day flight for the UT Game.
2. Talking to the lead on this project about considering all TTU Home games under the same model.

The $300-night savings on the hotel alone will justify the additional ticket cost, not to mention the convenience of being gone a day vs. a weekend in Lubbock.

Right now, on SW Airlines, it would cost $526.96 round trip - JSX is offering the same-day round trip flight for $599.00 - Link here JSX Game Day Bookings

I am happy to spearhead conversations with JSX, but THIS IS WHERE I NEED RRS HELP - If you book the UT Game flight, please DM when you booked it and what the reservation is under. I want to use this information to show the demand from TTUs alumni base here in DFW. They have only sold five seats to the UT VS TTU game day flight - two of those are Red Raiders...

Here's a video of the "JSX Experience" ... But they didn't show the free booze lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News