ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McGuire is Spike Dykes version 2.0

teezer2

Red Raider
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2005
This season, this coaching staff, this team, the football program is TYPICAL TECH. The previous 10 seasons before Joey had been average to below average. We are now at our watermark. We may eek out a 9 win season or 2 over the next 10 (see Dykes), but I’ll bet my ass we don’t win 10 or more in the watered down version of the B12.

I went to the 1977 Bluebonnet Bowl, the 1986 Independence Bowl, the 1989 All American Bowl, all of the Cotton Bowls & Alamos. I’ve been watching this a long as time and I damn sure knew that buying tickets for last night would have been a colossal waste of time and $$. Being at home allowed me to watch our premier program whip Michigan’s ass, which I would have missed if we were in Austin.

I thank Joey for bringing us back to the Spike Dykes days, which were equally good and bad as far as results. We loved Spike and love Joey. I don’t think Joey is Mike Leach good, because he was a great one. Truly great and only one to ever even entertain discussions of HOF worthiness. And he won 10 or more once.

Reactions: TTwin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News