ADVERTISEMENT

Job help for Tech Engineering Grad: UPDATE (April 2021)

RedRaider1986

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2009
UPDATE (April 2021): My brother did end up getting a job from one of the members of this forum through this thread in early 2020. Unfortunately, it sounds like reverberations from the pandemic have caused layoffs at the company he was at and is in the job market once again. His situation is a little different now and he would prefer to work in the DFW area since he has now moved up here, bought a house, and is in a relationship. I revisited this thread this morning and sent some of the advice over to him again, but if anyone knows of any current opportunities for a civil engineering grad, please send my way. At this point he has about 2 years of experience - 9 months in a residential setting and 15 months in curtain walls/facades for commercial buildings. See original post below.

I've seen threads of this nature help some out in the past, so I thought I'd give in a try. My little brother graduated from Tech with a Civil Engineering degree in May. One of the summer's while he was in school he did an internship with a very small engineering firm near my parents (near Galveston).

He ended up getting a full time offer from this firm after he graduated and ultimately decided to accept it without testing the waters much regarding other opportunities. Long story short, the firm was struggling financially and laid off four people. Unfortunately, my brother was one of the unlucky few.

Would anyone know of a good opening for someone with his degree? He is currently still in the Galveston area, but is willing to go anywhere in the state. I personally live in Fort Worth, so he has immediate relatives in either of the big metroxplexes, but has told me that he is willing to go anywhere in the state.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News