ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Anderson article

Quailttu

Matador
Feb 23, 2006
I know it's been mentioned that he is a tech lean but so far away. Seems like a monster in the making. Let's hope we can reel him in.

Despite being only a sophomore in high school, Jack Anderson has already developed into one of the top offensive linemen in Texas and could easily become the top line target in the nation for the 2017 class.

2017 Jack Anderson shows he's maybe most heavily recruited OL in class going 2-for-3 against star DT Rashard Lawrence pic.twitter.com/NPJu9Rnvg6

— Jeremy Crabtree (@jeremycrabtree) March 15, 2015
1. Greg Little knows what a talented offensive lineman looks like, because he's the top-ranked tackle prospect and top overall player in the 2016 class. So when Little was praising Frisco (Texas) High offensive lineman Jack Anderson at this past Sunday's Dallas Opening regional, it speaks volumes to just how talented the 2017 prospect is. Little used words like "baller" and "beast" to describe Anderson, who is arguably the most heavily-recruited offensive line target so far in the 2017 class.

"He's just a sophomore in high school, and look what he's doing," Little said. "He's the real deal. Man, he's so good."

The 6-foot-4 1/2, 280-pound Anderson dominated through the entire camp Sunday and was eventually selected as one of the event's top five offensive linemen. He was rewarded for his effort with a spot in the final five, where he went head-to-head in a series of one-on-one battles with highly-coveted 2016 defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence. Anderson owned those battles, proving why nearly 30 schools have already offered him a scholarship.

Anderson's latest offer came Tuesday from Texas A&M. He said the Aggies saw some video -- like the one here included here -- from The Opening regional and A&M O-line coach Dave Christensen told him an offer was a no-brainer. Anderson admits he really was fired up about the offer and plans to get to College Station in the near future, but also don't forget his father played at Texas Tech and the Red Raider are very much a factor in his recruitment.

"It was an offer I was really waiting for," said Anderson, who also has major offers from Arkansas, Oklahoma, SMU, Arizona State, Auburn, Cal, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisville, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, TCU and many others. "The A&M offer was a big one I wanted on my list."

#Arizona 2017 QB commit Braxton Burmeister connects on out and up at LA #TheOpening. Pass right on money. pic.twitter.com/jPdw0pWWT6

— Jeremy Crabtree (@jeremycrabtree) March 8, 2015
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News