ADVERTISEMENT

Input on Russia/Ukraine from a UK source

grandpau

Matador
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2004
This morning I got an email reply from a source in the UK with their take on what may be behind what Russia is doing with this military move. This source is one I trust and gave me a lot of very solid input for the financial blog I used to do on the potential for monetary system change. This source knows most of the heads of the western central banks and also officials in the UK up to and including the Prime Minister.

In thinking about this seemingly strange move by Putin/Russia, based on years of following the financial side of this on my blog, I began to try and come up with a plausible theory as to why Putin makes this move right now. I don't think he is crazy or mentally unstable (despite western media talking points on that). There is no direct military threat that we know of to Russia right now (other than the missiles that always target Russia). So, why make this move right now?

I started thinking about a theory and wondering if what we are seeing is an initial chess move (using Putin/Russia as the openly public player) that is really aimed at a push to start taking down the US dollar as the global reserve currency. This is what gives the US the ability to project its power globally (even more than military strength). The eastern part of the world and even some nations beyond the eastern part of the world see the US using the dollar (and the related dollar based SWIFT system) as a weapon and it creates animosity in many nations around the globe.

Russia and China have been openly working on alternative currency and payment systems to bypass the US dollar based SWIFT system at some point in the future. So, my theory asks - Have they decided now is the time to start the major currency war to try and de stabilize the US dollar and thereby reduce US power globally while offering an alternative system to any block of nations that wants to join them in challenging the current US dollar dominated system?

Viewed in that context, Putin's/Russia's move makes more sense to me. Intentionally start up a military operation you know will provoke a reaction from the US/West in the form of sanctions. Everyone would know this was going to happen and Russia and China are certainly not surprised. So they had to calculate that reaction in ahead of time since this military move by Putin was obviously planned for some time.
It makes even more sense to me now that China has made it clear that while they will pretend to not be openly supportive of the military action by Russia, they will not stop trading with them, will continue to buy all the oil and gas they want to sell (regardless of what the West does) and also openly stated they do not support any sanctions and view them as illegal. It seems clear to me that both Russia and China planned this for some time and not only are not surprised by the move to cut Russia off from SWIFT, but were counting on it as an over reaction from the West. This is why I wondered if all this is a chess move in a bigger game aimed at attacking the US dollar hegemony.

With all that background above, I asked my source in the UK if this theory had any merit or was it way off base. If anyone wants to see it, I will post the email reply I got unedited, but I cannot provide the source since I do not have permission to do that. This is just intended to offer an alternative theory on what may be behind all this for anyone interested. If no one is interested, I won't bother to post the email reply.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News