ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Initial Spring Football Depth Chart & Some Thoughts pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
@J. Ramirez had some really good thoughts HERE earlier in the week, but I wanted to share the depth chart as we have it right now and give some thoughts ahead of spring practice starting tomorrow. Obviously will be updated as spring goes along.

There’s going to be a ton to look at throughout the next couple of months for Texas Tech football and this is a really exciting time for Joey McGuire’s program, but obviously there will be some concerns to look at throughout the coming practices.

My top five things to watch for with a quick explanation on each…

-The Revamped O-Line: Jarrett chatted about this last week but I want to look for the development of the new pieces up-front with Staats, Spencer, and position changes on the outside.

-The Development of the WR room: I am excited to see how Bradley and Founoji have developed and it will be exciting to see the addition of Drae McCrae in the mix.

-The Linebacking Corps: This is the biggest hole on the roster, in my opinion, and it will be important to see how the Red Raiders adjust with the loss of all that starting talent from last season. Excited to see the development of the youth (looking at you Ty Kana) and who may take a step this season.

-CJ Baskerville and the STAR position: The key of DeRuyter’s defense and a key loss on the roster with the graduation of Marquis Waters from last year. It’ll be interesting to watch the San Diego St. transfer go to work and how that position will shake out.

-The QB room: I am excited to watch Tyler Shough and Behren Morton throw the football again. Last year I was very vocal that Morton’s arm was the best one, looking for that again. It will also be nice to see Jake Strong throw for the first time.

(* will miss spring)

Updated Educated Guess on a Two-Deep Depth Chart:

QB:
Tyler Shough (Sr), Behren Morton (R-So)

HB: Tahj Brooks (Sr), Cam’Ron Valdez (So)

X: Jerand Bradley (So), JJ Sparkman (Sr)

Z: Loic Founoji (Sr), Drae McCray (Sr), Brady Boyd (R-So)*

Y: Myles Price (Sr)

H: Nehemiah Martinez (Jr), Xavier White (S-Sr)*

TE: Baylor Cupp (Sr), Mason Tharp (Jr)

C: Rusty Staats (Sr), Dennis Wilburn (S-Sr)

RG: Dennis Wilburn (S-Sr), Landon Peterson (Sr)*

LG: Cole Spencer (S-Sr), Jacoby Jackson (R-So)

RT: Caleb Rogers (Sr), Matt Keeler (R-Fr)

LT: Monroe Mills (Jr), Ty Buchanan (So)

DT: Jaylon Hutchings (S-Sr), Tony Bradford (S-Sr)*, Myles Cole (S-Sr), Quincy Ledet (Sr)

EDGE: Steve Linton (Sr), Joseph Adedire (So)

MIKE: Jesiah Pierre (Sr), Jacob Rodriguez (Jr)*, Bryce Ramirez (Sr)

WILL: Tyrique Mathews (S-Sr)

OLB: Isaac Smith (So)*, Robert Wooten (Jr)

STAR: C.J. Baskerville (Jr), Brendan Jordan (Fr)

CB: Malik Dunlap (S-Sr), Rayshad Williams (S-Sr), Maurion Horn (R-Fr), Jalon Peoples (R-Fr)

FS: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (S-Sr), Landon Hullaby (R-Fr)

BS: Tyler Owens (S-Sr)*, Jordan Sanford (Fr)

dvli5qltuqjvd179f6ac

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US! Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News