ADVERTISEMENT

I posted something about colleges yesterday.

hubcityblack

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Someone asked what I thought. First I live 4 miles from TCU. The news paper and city supports TCU well and if Sonny stays and does well they will survive. Lots of good players within 70 miles of Ft Worth. TCU is most Expensive in USA.

In the energy business in Houston I never met a TCU grad. I did work with lawyers and engineers from SMU and Baylor but only a few of them. Houston is a AM town and UT. Some Tech. UH is a non factor.

SMU is very expensive and most ball players are from average homes so they may not feel comfortable in that enviroment. I dont see them doing much now that folks can pay players.

When I gave some lectures on TCU I did see a lot of different folks, I think much different than SMU.

SMU has a very small stadium, TCU much better. So I don't really know, just pointing it out.

I saw someone is staring a bus ride starting. I had that idea 15 years ago. It was so cheap and great , I hope it goes.

This bus deal would be great for the families of our players. Could start in Dallas, Stop in Ft Worth and Abilene.

Lubbock distance from major recruiting center is a hard one. The bus for players family is a great idea. I would donate to that.
At TCU they bring the family over and say, here is the family seats and you get special parking. Tech offers drive 300 miles and pay high motels and no parking. It is the family folks need to focus on. my cents. hubcity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.