ADVERTISEMENT

Home Investors/Rental Interest GITT

visegrips

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2018
I am looking at scaling my rental home business. I am wanting to add some more rental homes to my portfolio, but I am stuck with the ever big question of how to do it. I have recently come across first position HELOC's that offer a simple interest loan at better rates of 7-8% and then you use the HELOC as your bank account and put all income back into the HELOC to save massive money on interest. I have quite a bit of equity in my own house and don't currently have a mortgage. I know about DSCR loans as well. Some of the HELOC calculators are showing 5-7 years to pay off a 360k loan but obviously you could snowball the loan and buy more houses once the credit limit comes down.

Would you look at a first position HELOC, DSCR, or look at a hybrid situation where you use the HELOC to finance the down payments on many houses and still get DSCR loans on each house? I was just curious what other Red Raiders have done and if there are any Red Raider bankers that can issue first position HELOC's?

Last edited:
Reactions: JSterling24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.