ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Harmon, Aimaq lead Texas Tech to win over No. 6 Texas

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Quick thoughts on a wild one in Lubbock…

Texas Tech knocked off No. 6 Texas in a wild one. Just an excellent night from the Red Raiders

De’Vion Harmon was excellent, I don’t know if you could’ve asked for more from him. His halftime total of 21 was good enough for an excellent night in of itself. Despite a cool second half, he made the biggest bucket of the night for a new career high. Needed that board with 22 seconds left, though.

Harmon has proved me wrong. I was completely off the train in early January but something has changed, he’s being aggressive and shooting efficiently. He has been the only reason this team has had a pulse over the past two weeks and has been a game wrecker of late.

Obanor played really well, too. Despite getting an elbow to the face and a slow start, he put together a really quality night.

Tyson had a slow start but put together a decent second half after not seeing much of the floor in the first, made some quality impact before sitting in the final few minutes.

Aimaq made significant impact for the first time all season. Double-digit scoring, some key boards down the stretch. Just excellent from the big man, if this is 60-70 percent of Aimaq, I really want to see what a fully healthy Big Maple can bring.

Tech got bench contributions from everyone. A Robert Jennings three-ball off the glass was the highlight for me. Elijah Fisher was excellent, high motor on defense and an excellent bucket in the first half and played high stress minutes down the stretch.

Both teams’ perimeter defense was pretty poor early, not a whole lot going either teams’ way and both shot the rock well from deep.

The Red Raiders did a great job of shutting down Timmy Allen, a guy who absolutely torched them in Austin.

Marcus Carr, on the other hand, torched Tech tonight and it really felt like they couldn’t stop him all night long. He had the hot hand from three.

Tech knocked off the Longhorns and are trending up. There’s still a ton of work to be done, but after back-to-back top 15 wins, the ship hasn’t sunk yet with three quad-one games left.

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.

Sideline Provisions

unnamed.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News