ADVERTISEMENT

FT Worth and the Atom Bomb

hubcityblack

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
My wife worked for First Methodist Church for many years and this info comes from a story they found in archives.

There was a lady Welder, who was very short and small. But she was the Best Welder in the USA at that time. Ok , big deal you say, well read on.

Carswell Airbase was west of downtown Ft Worth about 6 miles. So this lady gets a call from the Government and told she would be on 24 hour stand by for 5 days. She got a call at night and was picked up by Military Security and taken to the Worth hotel for instructions.

In a day or so she got a call late at night and said bring your welding gear. So a unmarked Military Car picked her up and to bring her Welding Gear. So they came for her and she is taken to big hangar. It opens and there is the biggest bomber she had ever seen. There were 2 bombs on the floor. She was told to weld on the bottom of each wing?

On the side of the plane it said, Enola Gay. The items she thought were bombs were really extra Av gas tanks for long flights. She was told to keep her mouth shut which she did. The next year she read what the mission of that plane was.
She was very very upset and prayed and prayed. It was explained it saved many USA lives but she was not convinced.

So this is what I know and I thought you Red Raider might find thin interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.