ADVERTISEMENT

Finally Home From Lawrence, KS

Matador96

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2005
Been up since 7 AM. Two or so hours of pregame. 3.5 hours of Tech / Kansas. 1.5 hours of post game. 8 hour drive back.

I wish I could say that I didn’t get concerned (e.g. pissed) during the game, but I was very worried (e.g. using farm language) in the 4th Quarter. IDK what the answer is on offense, but I do know we are not going to make a living running against 7 and 8 man boxes, and throwing WR screens. It’s down right crazy to think that Texas Tech simply has no effective passing game. It’s a mystery, wrapped inside a riddle, in an enigma—but here we are.

Coy Eakin, who was more or less an afterthought when he signed, is our best WR right now, and I don’t know if it’s close. Bradley will have SportCenter type of catches, but IDK what else he does really. And where is Miles Price—we need put out a missing persons report for him as well. The biggest issue is we simply do not have a WR who can consistently win 1 on 1 battles. Eakin is the closest you have right now for that.

Thank GOD for Tahj Brooks. That is all that needs to be said about our running game.

I want to say the OL is getting better, but then they miss an assignment, hold, or simply can’t block. The transfers we got over the past 2 years have simply not panned out.

Behren Morton is still ailing. There is a noticable lack of zip on his ball. That’s probably the whole WR screen thing, but at some point, we have to at least make defenses respect the deep ball.

Our defense is equally frustrating. Most fans love it when the defense gets a team in 3 and 17. I sat there in the 49th row and told Zach they will convert this. And you know what…they did. But, when we get a team at 3rd and manageable, they step up. Mystery, riddle, enigma.

We are developing depth along the DL. I think the light came on for Easters and Banks.

If you can’t tell the difference with the LB corp, and frankly the entire defense, when #10 is playing, I don’t know what to say. JROD is so, so good. Our run fits are night and day different when he is playing.

The secondary is a more up and down than an adult movie star working a double shift. They make plays, and then have no clue the next play. And IDK if they have the highest football IQ as well. That said, I think having CJ at safety is a good thing. However, Tyler Owens was carted off, so he may be back at STAR / ROVER. Rabbit is good, really good. Just need more consistency from that group.

David Booth Memorial Stadium is a straight up dump. Easily the worst Big 12 stadium I have been to. Hell, North Texas has a better stadium. If you think the concessions were bad at The Jones, you need to go pay “The Booth” a visit. I compared it to Floyd Casey in Waco, minus the the luxury accommodations. I need to apologize to Floyd Casey Stadium. Outside of the “new video board” that is easily 10 years old, and I would not be surprised if it was 2nd hand, David Booth Memorial Stadium is a terrible venue to watch a game.

And finally, Kansas fans are TCU fans, but may be more arrogant. They do not deserve a good football team. They love basketball, and basketball. They are football illiterate and simply do not care.

So, there are my thoughts no one asked for, and probably don’t give a shit about. But, I’m drinking my bourbon, we won a damm football game, against a ranked opponent, on the road. Enjoy the win fellas.

Wreck Em

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News