ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Final Whistle Feeling: TCU pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Winning is better than losing. Some off the cuff thoughts from press level.

-Behren Morton played a really solid game. Didn’t put the ball into harms way and was able to make some really strong throws. Impressed with the toss to McCray and Price, both balls were on a rope.

-Coy Eakin had a really strong game, dude plays with a fire that I don’t see out of some of the other receivers.

-Tahj Brooks continues to impress. First 1,000-yard rusher since DeAndre Washington in 2015. Pad level was great, ran with a fire.

-Tyler Owens made a really nice tackle for loss on Bailey, flashed some of what the staff thought he could do closer to the line of scrimmage.

-Similarly, CJ Baskerville was really strong at safety. I think that is a great fit for him positionally and could make for a really nice piece on the backend in a year’s time.

-Quickly on the other position shift, I thought Dennis Wilburn was really strong at center while Rusty Staats continued to struggle at guard. It was good for the most part on the offensive line, minus the false starts.

-I think Kittley called a decent game. There wasn’t a ton that I was outlandishly frustrated with real time. I do think you have to be a bit more selective on your fourth down calls, you haven’t been excellent in that department all year, and it has bit you more than it has helped. I am an analytical guy, but sometimes you do need some feel.

-McGuire is now 4-1 in the month of November as head coach at Texas Tech, can he get two more to get to a bowl game? We will see.

xydfrfxwgpovgko6arvv

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.
Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News