ADVERTISEMENT

SPITBALLIN' Final Whistle Feeling: Baylor

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
I have a lot of thoughts, and not a lot of time to write em, but here’s some of em.

-Downright abhorrent in all phases. Tech was god awful on special teams, inconsistent on offense and atrocious on defense.

-I am pretty stunned at how poorly Tech played the run. It has been one of the strong points of this Tech team and you were ran all over by a team that has been awful at running the ball. While the Bears have a big offensive line, they haven’t been a good one by any stretch of the imagination.

-Tech played a ton of dime with a three-down front, something that has been flashed a ton earlier in the year and was fairly successful but not today. I understand the idea, taking the extra coverage player when you’re not in a good way from a pass rush perspective, but it was not near good enough. I also thought it was interesting how soft Tech played defense, not a ton of simulated pressures, which has been the only way Tech has pressured the QB this year.

-Tech’s OL was awful. Flat out. Not good enough as a run blocking unit and it led to you getting a ton of TFLs and a ton of pressure by Baylor.

-Morton’s throwing decisions were an issue, but not the biggest one, obviously. More on that after watching the tape.

Embarrassing loss for the program. Rebound in Fort Worth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.