ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Film Review: TCU pres. by Treeline Vacation Rentals

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
I'm super awake right now and am 100-percent not going to class tomorrow, so it's time to break down what we saw earlier this evening.

Going to link the extended highlight tape and will timestamp where fit.

Tahj Brooks continues to be extremely fun, showing what I thought he could be dating back to 2021. He runs so hard and makes something out of nothing with consistency.

The run at the 2:06 mark in the video is really impressive. He's facing a 6v5 disadvantage and still cranks out a great rush to set up what became a touchdown. Super happy for that dude to get to where he is at this season. Really need him healthy and rolling as we head down the stretch. (Personally, cannot believe how fast this season has gone). Strong run on the touchdown here, great job picking up blocks by the o-line.

I wanted to highlight the Morton TD run, since I think it is an excellent draw up by the OC. You flash what you have seen before with the speed sweep to McCray, but you pair it with the speed option that we saw Jake Strong run a few times against K-State. Really fun wrinkle that impressed me real time.

Morton was really fun to watch, had a couple of bad throws (12:50 stands out), but overall was really solid and had a great night. The throw to McCray and the throw to Price were the two best throws a Tech quarterback has made this season, and that's him at "70-80 percent," according to himself postgame.

McCray finally flashed the bill of goods we were sold in the offseason. That was a different kind of route, and I'm super curious what the speed anlaytics are going to say because he blew right by that guy. He has me excited for next year. Coy Eakin is also in that boat for me. Pairing those two with Micah Hudson, toss in Jordan Brown and the young wide-outs, I'm pumped for that room.

You'll notice there's a certain receiver missing from that group, and honestly it makes me irrationally irritated that I am not including him there, but I just can't. I am pretty much completely off the Jerand Bradley train. I see the talent is there, but the dude is giving up on so many of his routes and it is astonishingly frustrating to see week in and week out. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but man I just don't understand because it's amazing what can be done when he tries.

Onto the defense...

TCU hit over the middle to their tight end pretty well, and honestly, it wasn't the best night for the secondary. Rabbit really bailed you out with the interceptions (shouid've been three, that was a loser call on the roughing call). TCU picked on your LBs in coverage, something that hasn't been the strong suit all season long.

3:27, 3:50, 7:26, 10:05, 13:04, 13:30 (two plays), 15:20, and the entire final drive were all instances of you getting beat over the middle on pretty simple route combinations. It was frustrating from press level, but in the end it didn't really matter.

Joseph Adedire and CJ Baskerville really flashed in my eyes. Adedire was all over the tape and really affected Hoover tonight (10:05, 13:04). Baskerville had some really big tackles, but had some rough moments too. To be expected when you change positions late in the season, I guess.

Wanted to bring up special teams, since I feel like Kenny Perry has that group absolutely rolling. World's better than it was in 2022. Price had the excellent punt return and McNamara might be the best college punter I've seen in some time. Feels like Gino Garcia has flown under the radar, which I guess is what you want your kicker to do.

Probably a ton more I could bring up but this will suffice. Carry this momentum to Lawrence, please.

IMG_5914.jpeg

Be sure to book with TreeLine Vacation Rentals if you are in need of a Broken Bow, Oklahoma cabin rental. All Red Raiders get a $200.00 discount (enter code RRS) and direct booking with no additional fees.

TreeLine Vacation Rentals – Broken Bow, OK

Craig Crawford (@crawfordTT)
214-228-0892

TreeLine Owner craig@vacationtreeline.com

TreeLine can also build, sell & manage investment properties in Broken Bow -- one of the best investment opportunities in the nation right now!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News