ADVERTISEMENT

ELI5: Why is this year's hype train "different" from past seasons?

aybuddy777

Matador
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2012
Like many of you, I refuse to drink the kool-aid each April, then I find myself chugging it each August. But I'm tired of getting burned. This time around, I want to take the most objective approach possible. I want to ask those in-the-know, specifically, what makes this era's hype train different from previous ones.

In 2011, Tommy Tubberville entered his 2nd season after going 8-5 including a bowl win and one of the best recruiting classes we'd seen in about 10 years.
In 2014, Kliff Kingsbury entered his 2nd season after going 8-5 including a bowl win and brought back of the most promising young cores on offense we'd seen in quite some time.
In 2023, Joey McGuire enters his 2nd season after going 8-5 including a bowl win and one of the best recruiting classes we've seen in about 10 years.

1. For those connected to these programs, what makes you more confident that this Year 2 will be better than previous Year 2's?
2. With those previous staffs, were there "warning signs" that don't exist this time around?

Again, this is primarily aimed at those who can speak to specific habits, methods, and rumors they'd heard regarding these different regimes. Why will it be different this time around? What would be your pitch to someone who's heard nothing about the offseason?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News