ADVERTISEMENT

Don William's Kinda Pointless and/or Misguided Article

DFWRaider2

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2004
DFW

Hey Don, I imagine you'll read this and you know I think the world of ya. But your article today, which for some reason seems to be singling out the fans for Tech's future schedules not having Texas or any protected rivals, seems to have no real point.

The article basically says the time to be upset about not having a protected rivalry was two years ago instead of now when the schedules have been released, but what he doesn't really say is what in the hell he thinks fans should have done two years ago. Whine? Cry? Have a riot at the State Capitol? Hold Chris Del Conte at gunpoint to sign the home and home contract?

Instead of writing an article which is basically whining about the future schedules and using the fans as a scapegoat, how about writing some articles putting maximum focus on fielding a football team that is worthy of being somebody's rival? Okie State doesn't have a protected game either and I don't see their local newspaper whining about OU leaving the schedule and blaming the fans for it (and OSU sure as hell wouldn't be putting 50k fans in the stands after 10 years largely made up of home losses so I'd say Tech is pretty fortunate to have a fanbase like it does).

I really like most of Don's articles but this one really made me scratch my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News