ADVERTISEMENT

Don Williams aka. Debbie Downer Now Seeing Doom for New Big 12

DFWRaider2

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2004
DFW

Yeah I'm bitching about Don Williams again (final time, I promise. At least for the time being), but I'm seriously wondering who pissed in his Cheerios. True this hasn't been the best year for Big 12 teams -- it's the truth. But I'm starting to wonder if Don is in the midst of a personal crisis that has caused him to constantly dwell on the worst, view Tech fans with disdain for no apparent valid reason, and wish for the worst for the conference going forward because (according to his column last week) the terrible Tech fans didn't storm the Texas Capitol and demand Governor Wheelchair force UT to stay on Tech's future schedules, nor did we kiss their ass enough and tell them how much we appreciated them while they were here.

I'm as cynical as anyone and even I see some real opportunity for Tech and the conference when the Pac 12 teams move in next year. Utah is a great football addition but to Don apparently they are doomed to disaster because Coach Willingham who has been there almost 20 years will retire at some point. Really Don? Arizona is headed in the right direction this year, but Don says "OMG THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SUSTAIN IT OMG".

Hopefully Don can get some therapy so he can accept life without UT. He clearly is not of the belief that Tech or the Big 12 can have any success whatsoever without them despite the fact that they've been mediocre more often than not in virtually everything over the last 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News