ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed

DFWRaider2

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2004
DFW
I love Coach Beard and what he's done for our program, and our team is made up of a lot of talented kids who are good people as well. We all knew coming in this season would have ups and downs, but never in a million years would I have thought we'd be sitting here before the conference tournment looking at an NIT bid barring some sort of miracle.

Next year I imagine our team will be back to Beard standards with all the talent coming in. I can't wait to see some of those players on the court in a Tech uniform, especially Joel whom with any justice we should have seen this year.

But this team had the talent to have a good season. Maybe Ramsey is a good example of why 1 and dones aren't a good strategy for us. He's talented and in places played really well, but he didn't seem to improve much during the season and it didn't help that his Dad apparently doesn't really care about this team and is just looking forward to the windfall coming from the NBA. He's certainly not the only player with issues, but I guess I really expected more out of him, like taking over close games to help close out wins. His inability to do that is evident in our record in close/OT games. But hell, why should he give all that effort when he won't be here next year and his only real reason for being here was probably for exposure. He sure didn't come here because he wants to be a great defensive player, and as a whole our season was a lot like Trae Young and OU had last year.

Didn't really mean to turn this into a bash Ramsey post, I'm just disappointed like most on here except for possibly @Stimulus Progression and he's kind of my scapegoat right now. There's a lot more poor ball handling, missed layups, lack of leadership, and bad defense to go around.

This team has a great future ahead, and I think starting next year we'll be set for at least the next 3 seasons. Coach Beard is still the best coach in the country even if he couldn't this group's buy in this year. And who knows, maybe this group has a run left in them to get us in the tournament and make a little noise. I doubt it, but at least it's mathematically possible. But if the NIT is our destination, I'll still be cheering them on and if they make it to MSG I'll be there with (almost) as much excitement as if it were Atlanta.

Guns Up, thanks for letting me vent. At least we've got a helluva baseball season going on this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News