ADVERTISEMENT

Dear FanSided...

sleepraider

Hall of Fame
Dec 24, 2004
I was excited. Texas Tech coverage from another source. Would it be good? Who knew? At least they had a very usable app, which I very much enjoyed. I'm certain rivals knows how much of a detriment this is, but I didnt until I started regularly using this app. Notifications of stories on my phone has changed how I actually start with Tech coverage.

After a few weeks with Wreck Em Red (Fansided) I've decided I'll save them from my possible ad revenue.

Though I enjoyed the app, there are multiple, multiple things wrong with their "coverage" that make me think its no longer worth it.

Kenny Williams is NOT a WR. Sure, its one error, but its really not. Its the most recent error in a long string of errors that anyone who follows Texas Tech (and therefore would be writing about Texas Tech) should not make, even sleep deprived or high on drugs. Multiple year starter, at multiple positions (none of which were WR).

Sometimes, Wreck Em Red's analysis is pretty solid. Matthew guy is a decent writer. Other times, it seems like the people covering them know nothing about Texas Tech (*cough* VF Castro). By her writing, I'd guess she's actually a fan of another school, and doesn't know anything about Texas Tech. I found a bio that says that she credited her understanding of football to the 2009 Texas Tech OL, but by her posting behavior and writing style I'd assume she favors UT over Texas Tech.

Typos are pretty terrible. I know I'm more critical than most, but geez.. literally a few every story. Everyone gets a little lazy every once in a while or has words they don't catch or don't care to change. But its pretty often.

There's potential there, but the some of the writers need to learn a bit more about Texas Tech before acting like a media outlet that covers Texas Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News