ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Ground Zero

RaiderRedCat

Red Raider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2008
A month ago, the GF and I purchased a night at the Omni Downtown Dallas for this past Saturday night. With hesitation, we ended up going. Other than the occasional siren and light rail noise, it was eerily quiet, and the officers at the perimeter of the multiple block crime scene seemed tired and somewhat defeated. They were very professional and courteous at their posts, but you could just tell they were saddened and had a sense of uncertainty. Many DPD officers had been relieved by DPS officers. I even saw a Dallas ISD officer and patrol car at one corner of the perimeter.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased and injured officers and their families. And, thoughts, prayers, and support to all the officers that work selflessly to do things the right way and support all citizens. Out of respect to the officers on duty, I did not take any "closeups." I did not want to distract them, and did not want to add insult to injury.

Anyway, I thought I'd share an experience that was more emotional than what I originally anticipated.
2cgm24o.jpg
[/IMG]
2cgm24o.jpg
[/IMG]
2cgm24o.jpg
[/IMG]
23iy0p5.jpg
[/IMG]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series