ADVERTISEMENT

College basketball top 30 SB Nation

HugMug

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Well, this August 12 top 30 is interesting. It's too bad Tech can't keep It's great players from transferring. Does RRS think that's accurate? Maybe it is?

Top 30 college bball

24. Texas Tech

1 - De’Vion Harmon, Richard Isaacs
2 - Kerwin Walton, Clarence Nadolny, Lamar Washington
3 - Elijah Fisher, Jaylon Tyson, D’maurian Williams
4 - Kevin Obanor, Robert Jennings, KJ Allen
5 - Fardaws Aimaq, Daniel Batcho

I cannot shake my skepticism of Harmon, Walton and Fisher as a trio that will be relied upon to carry the load on both ends for Mark Adams. Fisher, the outstanding Canadian freshman, is the best of the three, but because he will rely on the not-always-effective-as-a-point-guard Harmon to get him the ball, he will likely ebb and flow. Adams produces good teams, however, and refuses to rely too much on any one or two players (hence why talented players keep transferring — Adams’ always-deep rotation does not afford any player big minutes), and did not seem to mind working with a cobbled-together group last season.

The fact remains, however, that this team only returns about 16 points per game, and needs Harmon and Walton (two only moderately efficient transfers who could not lock down starring roles at Oregon and North Carolina, respectively) to produce a ton in the back-court, while Aimaq must also produce instantly at the center position. It will work, but I don’t see it working as well as it often does at Texas Tech this season. Second-tier Big 12 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News