ADVERTISEMENT

Callier74 - Thank You and Goodbye

callier74

Techsan
Feb 3, 2012
El Paso, TX
I have loved Texas Tech University from the moment I first stepped foot on campus 25 years ago as an 18 year old starting his adult life. Moving into 127 Bledsoe was the first step of the life journey that has brought me so many wonderful joys. I met my wife of 20 years ( this May 1st) at Tech, and she shares my love of this great school.

I have since received three additional degrees and various licenses and certifications. However, to this day the only things I have ever hung on my office walls are my TTU degree and a picture of my family. In fact, my Penn State degree has never even left the original tube. My only regret is life took me away from Lubbock and I couldn't get all my degrees there.

Most of you know I enjoy engaging in the Everything Else Forum. I don't shy away from discussion of any sort. Sadly, this is why I am leaving RRS. I do not feel as though diversification of opinion or thought is welcome. Freedom of thought and the Free Exchange of ideas appears to only be welcome if it is framed from a hard right paradigm.

Now I know this is an anonymous internet forum. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. However, I see no reason to pay a yearly fee to be hunted for not supporting Trump. To be clear, I am a center of the road guy. I cast my first vote for George H.W. Bush in 1992. I worked on the Romney campaign in 2012. I have voted for, and donated to, both sides of the aisle.

This came to a head for me a couple days ago when a poster called President Obama a "thug" because of the Russia investigation. I pointed out the investigations were being led by the GOP controlled Senate, House and FBI, and had nothing to do with Obama. I also pointed out that a lot of black people feel like many white people have begun to use "thug" as a replacement for the n-word, and maybe it would be a good idea to not call Obama a thug.

The attacks came swift and furious because of my asking thought be given before calling Obama a "thug." "Hey this is America and gosh darn it I can call him a thug if I want, and It doesn't matter how anybody else feels about it. You're just a race card playing liberal." This is a grouping and summation of the responses.

It was then that I realized the level of discourse in this country had devolved into something unrecognizable to the First Amendment. It is to the point where we cannot display basic levels of human decency if we do not have total and uniform agreement.

I was thrilled to find RRS, and have happily paid my membership dues. Nevertheless, I am saying goodbye. This is just my own little stance. My account and single subscription won't be missed. The world will keep spinning. However, for my own sanity I think it is time I find another place to get my recruiting news.

The squishy, race card playing, stupid, ignorant, dumb, liberal is out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News