ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Apparel Contract Tidbit

C. Level

The People's Champ
Staff
Nov 7, 2002
I know there has been a lot of talk about the UA contract and now Adidas lately so I wanted to pass along the following. I didn't know any of this previously so here ya go:

- Texas Tech's contract has exclusive negotiating window with UA through 9/1. So I'm assuming something happens fairly quickly on this front in early September and by early October you'll know where this ended up as UA has a period of time to match it. I believe this to be around three weeks.

- UA has the right to match any offer Texas Tech accepts from other providers (Adidas or anyone else), and Tech would have to accept if they do.

- With Mahomes and now Ludvig Aberg with Adidas, there is obviously interest there in Texas Tech. Mahomes really wants this and is pushing for it. I do think UA is aware of interest from Adidas in Texas Tech. There would be a cost to rebrand the various venues on campus that comes with a brand switch if it were to happen.

-Everyone has a different opinion on what brand is best, personally I'm for whatever helps the school the most and the fact there is some competition here means the school is likely to get a better deal than they previously had which is good regardless of where things land.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News