ADVERTISEMENT

Analysis paralysis excuse

lawdawgredraider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2023
Joey used analysis paralysis as the excuse for the defense playing so poorly on Saturday. Said they were trying to be "perfect" which resulted in slow movement and uninspired play. I find this excuse to be BS. I can't imagine any legitimate coach like Saban, Gundy, Smart, Snyder etc using this as an excuse for his team's poor performance. What he should have said is there is no excuse for us showing up flat and getting our asses kicked at home by an inferior team. I also found his demeanor at the press conference to be troubling. He seemed to downplay the debacle that we witnessed at home before a sellout crowd with a lot at stake. I know this was one loss but for the first time in a long time we were at the top of the conference, at home, with something to play for and we completely no showed. We are in year 3 and once again were out coached by a coaching staff that is on the brink of getting fired. I also find it concerning that our staff has great difficulty making in-game adjustments. No way we the Defense should have stayed in essentially the same formation all game. Anyway, hopefully, the "analysis paralysis" will not infect the entire team again this week in FW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.