ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama: The future of NIL

ReasonableRaider

Techsan
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Alabama just announced a major NIL deal with Learfield. To no one's surprise, this will be next level. They will have an office complex inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Here is artist rendition:

1.webp

An excerpt from the story:

Learfield and Alabama plan to collaborate on the development of the center to provide both a physical home and a staff to educate athletes on NIL opportunities and showcase successful local and national NIL-related relationships.

In renderings provided to Sports Illustrated, the Advantage Center is expected to include a host of NIL-related features: a digital ticker announcing the latest news in athlete deals; a studio with a green screen to provide athletes a place to shoot NIL-related videos; a wall dedicated to Alabama player NIL deals and opportunities; and meeting space to possibly help facilitate brand-and-athlete relationships.

It is only a matter of time with all the money that will be flowing into the SEC that every athletic program in the conference will have something very similar. As competitive as they are, no school is going to let Alabama have something cutting edge and not them. I would imagine Big 10, with its big TV contract, will have something similar. NIL headquarters on each campus will likely be as large as a Walmart and look like a Fortune 500 company inside. I can only imagine what Aggy and Texas will eventually have.

I'm very appreciative of Cody and his leadership in getting the Matador Club going, of which I'm a member. We were among the first to recognize NIL and the importance of that. I think it's been a big boost in the early going and a competitive advantage over similar programs. But with colleges always in the arms race, probably something like the Matador Club will look like a Mom and Pop store in five years.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/24/alabama-partners-new-nil-deal-sports-marketing-learfield

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News