ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: A couple quick baseball notes...

W. McKay

The Electric Factory
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2009
Dallas
Just a few notes as we head into this weekend tourney in Starkville to get the year going:

-The starting rotation this weekend will be Davis Martin (Friday 1), Steven Gingery (Friday 2), Ryan Shetter (Saturday), and Erikson Lanning (Sunday). Coach Tadlock and Coach Hayward going with their vets out of the gate for the weekend series, obviously. It'll be interesting to see if guys like John Henry Gonzalez and Ty Harpenau can try to make a push into the weekend rotation moving forward, if Shetter might be moved back to the pen for long relief, and just how Dylan Dusek fits into the puzzle as a reliever or starter. I'd guess Dusek starts as a long reliever.

-Both Connor Beck and Ryan Long are a little banged up right now. Not sure on Long for this weekend, but Coach Tadlock noted they may try to get Beck in as a runner at some point, but I wouldn't expect to see him in the starting lineup this weekend. I'd guess you'll see Cody Farhat, Cameron Warren, Grant Little, and John McMillon all play in the outfield throughout the weekend.

-As you just read, freshman Grant Little has been moved to the outfield, and it sounds like he'll start at some point this weekend in one of the corners. I think they really like what he's been doing as of late, and the move to the OF was to try and find him playing time.

I'll have more in my season preview and press conference notes this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News