ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Retirement

gotech2

Red Raider
Jan 26, 2007
My brother and I just had the discussion about Tech football, and he asked if #5 should be retired. My reply was Patrick Mahomes is the greatest football player on the planet, but I don’t think we had enough prestige and wins while he was here to retire a number. I think the ring of honor is the perfect tribute.

My brother replies “you aren’t considering Crabtree too?”

Changed my whole view. Two of our best players in history wore 5. It would be an incredible marketing opportunity to put something together for both of them and retire #5 for good at Texas Tech!

Just happy to be here. God blessed us with Joey. It’s like God said we are going to make y’all be the dumpster juice of the big 12 after Leach for a decade +, but in return we are going to give you the best coach your University has ever seen in any sport. Good people win out in the end over fake people, and I think that sums up Red Raiders, and Joey. We have incredible humans at 2 of the 3 major sports. Just get the Joey McGuire of basketball and let’s turn this place in to a dominant athletics program.

Texas Tech, Lubbock, and Texas Tech alums are full of genuine people, and passionate about our university. We are in the golden age of Tech sports. We are about to witness things in football we have never seen at Texas Tech. Looking forward to it. See y’all out there!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News