ADVERTISEMENT

3D Printing Nerds GITT

Dynomite Dolemite

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2004
I bought my first 3D printer back in 2017. I think I printed a single thing with it - a 2x4 lego brick and then quit as it was such a PITA to get it calibrated, etc...

Fast forward to 2024, and 3D printing has made amazing progress. I picked up a new printer earlier this year - a Prusa MK4 - and started tinkering again. Then read reviews about the Bambu Lab lineup, and took advantage of their 2nd Anniversary pricing to pick up an A1.

I can't state how cool I think the Bambu printers are - I have my kids printing stuff to them from my iPhone.

Anyway, those of you with printers, what are some cool and useful things you've printed? I've run the gamut of chip clips, fidget toys, and storage bins, but I'm starting to venture into other areas. Right now I'm printing some schedule 40 interconnections for my woodworking dust collection system, and I'll be printing some blast gates later as well. Priced them out at Rockler earlier today for almost $200, and I think I'll be able to print them for about $20 + a day's worth of time. Will post some pics when completed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.