ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Transfer Portal Needs

RedRaiders27196

Matador
Gold Member
May 21, 2007
I don't mean this to crap on current players in any way but I can see how this thread could turn that way and I hope it doesn't. However, now that we have an official depth chart, how do you see how that extrapolates into team needs for next season?

We had 11 2024 transfers listed on the depth chart:

Brown
Kelly
Douglas
Conyers
JC Miller
Porcher
Sciury
Carter
Carroll
Hansen
Cromwell

I'm always optimistic so I think we go a little lighter than that so I'll say 8 for the 2025 roster as follows:

RB - I think we take the "please come back to school Tahj" money and spend it on someone who can buy booze for that room. We might grab two if Valdez doesn't love his role this year.

WR - Kelly leaves, it probably depends on our opinion of Douglas on whether we replace him or not with a transfer.

TE - we lose two, I bet we grab one

OT - we might grab two 23 year olds, if Merryman and Buchanan are iffy now, I'm not sure if it clicks next year either.

OG/C - I think we roll with what we have

Front 7 - we lose a lot of DTs, we might get a grown up for the room for depth. I don't see much need anywhere else.

CB - I think we try and get one to play opposite Horn

S- too many good options IMO.

K - might get a kicker in the portal.

I know there's going to be 10 posts that say "let's see it play out" but what's the fun in that? This might be a good thread to turn into a G5 player watchlist for positions that we're positive we need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.