ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Football Schedule Discussion

Jan 17, 2023
It seems the majority of the fan base has a bright outlook for the 2023 season. After returning the majority of the roster it's safe to say expectations are higher than they have been in recent years. Below is my spring prediction for each game and our overall record. Drop below what yall think Tech will do in 2023!

Non-Conference: (2-1)
@ Wyoming)
This will be a good road win very early in the season. There will probably be some rust that needs to get knocked off. Especially with it being a road game far north.... oh yeah, and it's the first game of the season. Red Raiders put the game to bed early in the second half.
Oregon) We all know the storyline with Tyler... I think this game will be very tight. Tech loses by 10 or less. However, if this game is later in the year Tech takes the dub by 14+
Tarleton State) Murray State game all over again. Easy win before conference play starts.

Conference: (7-2)
@ West Virginia / Houston) Red Raiders take the win in both of these games. Donny might play a good game but I trust our defense (for the first time ever). Really looking forward to seeing Smith in action!
@ Baylor) I can not get over last year. That wound still hasn't healed. Baylor must have naked pictures of Joey, I don't know how the hell we lost that game. The turnovers yeah... but there seemed to be little effort from players and questionable playcalling all game. Maybe I'm just sour because I can't stand Baylor. Tech should have won that game by 17 or more. I think this years game is a toss-up game. Waco is not intimidating at all, it's a toilet bowl that barely holds 45,000. However, I've got a fishy feeling after last season.
K State / @ BYU) Both of these will probably be close for most of the game. I think this is the year we get K State. Excited for the boys to play in Provo!
TCU) Thursday game, both teams coming in off a bye. Classic TTU v. TCU shootout. Tech wins it in the fourth.
@ Kansas) Same results as last year. We will probably have one more scoring drive and they'll have one or two less than last years win in Lubbock.
UCF) Their fans have been a hand full on Twitter. I really hope we hang a 50 burger on them and take it away 3+ times. Regardless, we will win by two or three possessions and should hold them under 25 points.
@ Texas) The last 3 years have been leading up to this moment. This win would mean so much for every aspect of the university. This game will have Big 12 implications. I think Tech will be a two loss team going into Autin. Im flipping back and forth but right now I say they lose in Austin in 7 or less. Horns down, please hang a 50 burger.

Prediction: 10-3
This team could very well be a 10-2 team. They could also be a 7-5 team again, that's the floor. Tech will definitely be in the running for a conference championship if they can stay healthy. The biggest games of the 2023 season will be Texas, Oregon, and TCU. Oregon should be a top 25 matchup that will bring a lot of eyes to the Red Raiders and the Big 12. The horny frogs have a cakewalk for their first six games. They could be anywhere from 6-2 to 8-0 rolling into Lubbock. This could possibly be a top 15 match-up in the Jones. The Texas game will most likely be the biggest game in the Big 12 for the 2023 season. The polls ride Texas so you know they'll be a top 10 team if they are anything like what they are predicted to be this season. If Tech can beat TCU and put a beating on Kansas and UCF, they should be sitting between 8-12 in the polls. This might seem low... but the polls are never in Tech's favor. The final game between TTU and TU being a top 10 matchup would bring many eyes and would be absolutely legendary! If they beat Texas I'd put my money on Tech being in Arlington. Coming off a win this big, this late in the season will be a momentum tsunami. Joey will have this team fired up like never before. This team and staff have also shown they get better as the season progresses. It's the perfect storm. If the stars align this way, Texas Tech is your 2023 Big 12 Champions.

This team will be in a pretty good bowl game come December / January. You know Joey will have them fired up!
Texas Tech finishes with 10 wins if they can manage to stay healthy.
If the good guys beat Texas and win a championship your Red Raiders are looking at a possible 12 win season!

Player Bets:
Tyler throws for 4,000 and rushes for 700+
Tahj rushes for 1,000+
Bradley has a 1,000 year
Defensive transfers will play a major role this season

@ Wyoming
Oregon
Tarleton State
@ West Virginia
Houston
@ Baylor
K State