ADVERTISEMENT

“We WILL win the B12 Championship within the next 2 years”

mgriffin.2008

🌵🌵🌵
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2021
Yesterday was rough after the way that BBall game ended, so I thought I would share tidbits from a great talk I had last night with a FB player we know pretty well. He was recruited by Matt Wells and played significant minutes all 3 years under him. He was always a fan of MW, so it was fun hearing him talk about the difference Joey McGuire is making. Let me just say, he sounded like a different person when he talked about the coaching staff and the culture they are building on the team. I could go on and on about the changes he talked about (without me having to probe or ask questions) like the team bonding and energy we see on social media, the changes taking place with weight training, the coaching staff, etc. But the final words he said say enough. Before he walked away, his face lit up and he said, “BTW-I guarantee you we will win the Big 12 Championship within the next 2 years! (I think that’s how many years he has left to play.) He has NEVER said that to me before. Previously, he would usually say “We will be decent this year” or even “I don’t think we are going to do very well this season, so get ready” and he was always right. The impact a collective belief that you will succeed makes all the difference in the world. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. Will it happen within 2 years? Who knows, but it’s certainly going to be fun to watch!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News