ADVERTISEMENT

“Gun Control” Idea

whittb14

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2013
So last night I briefly post in the other thread but wanted to put it in its own thread and see how people feel on it. I don’t think my leanings need much introduction for most so y’all know where I’m coming from and this is a quick “solution” I’ve really been thinking about. By solution I don’t think it’s a cure all by any means but will help and think it’s within the constitution(am no scholar tho) as well.

Short and sweet. Require any and all firearm purchases(new and old) to be put into NFA gun trusts. If you have any fancy toys like a suppressor you are already familiar with this process. It’s far more extensive, takes way more time, requires serial numbers, requires documented transfer paperwork and true ownership of what’s in your safe.

To make it work you need to make sure the costs stay insignificant as they are today, build in securities so this database couldn’t be abused. I know the most ardent 2nd amendment supporters, anti-gun registry folks who play by these rules with no qualms.

I think this is a very reasonable approach to responsible gun ownership that mitigates needs of banning any type of gun, slows down the process dramatically for anyone in a manic state keen on going on a spree and so many more issues with guns.

I think this stops a number of highlighted tragedies over the years including Uvalde, Buffalo and all the way back to even Columbine. Maybe not fully stops but greatly delays/prevents long enough for them to be caught prior to action. This is a fix option and not a political option.

What do y’all think?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News