ADVERTISEMENT

Why are so many responses on here so negative and personal attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttno1

Matador
Sep 20, 2003
It has gotten so bad that I dread it for people on here that ask legitimate questions. Most responses have become just a S__ A__ answers to a honest question. The person on here doesn't even get the respect of an honest answer. Not just me getting attacked but most anyone. People trying to be funny or just an SA and showing no respect to the other poster.

Yes I am almost 55 and old school. But I find it so disrestful to fellow Red Raiders and disgusting. No wonder teachers get no respect in schools from kids if that is what they see at home. At least when I get it in prison it is expected because that is where I teach. But when I taught in public schools the amount of disrect shown by students to teachers and other students was appalling. And when parents were called in it was obvious where it came from.

That is one reason why I like teaching better in prison. I don't have to deal with parents anymore who justify and back up their kids poor behavior because their "johnny or sally" would never do that or it is the teachers fault. It would never be a parenting fault. I find that same attitude on here all the time. It is appalling. Not just when someone tells me "I suck" just because I ask a honest question about where to choose between season tickets. Then he is defended by another poster by saying he is a serviceman who is 34. Well la te da. My Dad served this country in WW II and is buried in a veterans cemetry to honor his service to this country. Is that an excuse for a grown man to tell another he sucks.

To me that is offensive and not a joke and has no excuse for a 34 year old man to say to another when they ask a honest question. Also I have said it many times that probably most on this board if they inherited what I did would probably donate an endowed scholarship also. But hopefully their Dad would be smarter than my Dad and would listen to you and would do estate planning and not have to spread out the estate taxes over 2 years like I have and pay as much as I have when if done as I had advised him to my brother and I would have had to pay nothing.

Heck if he had done as I advised when I was in Jr. High he was offered the opportunity to buy all the land that is the galleria and North of that when it was pure land here in Dallas. He had the cash to do it. He refused. I told him then he wasn't following what he had always taught me that land was always a good buy. But he still didn't buy it. It cost the family millions upon millions. Plus many other times he went against my advice and it cost him alot of money always thinking of me as a child. Even when in hindsight my advice proved correct.

I think posters on this sight deserve to be treated with respect when they ask honest questions. Oh occassionally I will laugh at a certain comment. But many have become hesitant to ask because they are afraid of the immature and venomous responses they get. To point the one recently the one saying I know I will get crucified .... How sad is that that a poster feels that way before posting. That should never be, esp amoung fellow Red Raiders. I am not even talking about when there is a difference of opinion. Just honest questions

I know alot don't like me and I am not sure why I cause so much venom but I can take it. I stay here because of the great info. Certainly not because of the friendliness of the board and maturity and class of the board. I wish the moderators took that part of the job more serious and stoped the uneccesary attacks on people that are for no reason. Esp when it can be offensive. Remember the golden rule, esp for just honest questions. Should we make it where people are afraid to ask questions on here? I know people will blow this off and say I can't take jokes. To that I say what is wrong with showing respect and stop saying things that another may take as offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News